Friday, July 18, 2008

Concept


Heres a concept for a character that I did at work a few months ago and re-hatched while looking through all my junk. My awesome boss was cool enough to almost throw away the original marker drawing that I did at work. The reason I didn't post the original was because it was too big to scan. So I ended up drawing it again. The original version was better according to my brother since it looked more like was deteriorating. When he said that it made me remember that, that was the direction i was actually going for. The mistake that I made when redrawing it was that I was trying to make it a cleaner and easier to read, and in the process made it more healthy looking like warrior hog type creature. I want this character in the end to convey a feeling that it has already been in the battle field and that it was one of the last survivors left somewhere in the middle of a endless desert, slowly decomposing while it still remained concious and still walking and fighting to remain alive. Ill post the finished version at davidreyes.deviantart.com

No comments: