Friday, October 17, 2008

The kind of drawings that my boss likes trashing

















Yeah so he never saw these.......................... I'm disappointed to say these were done before summer (about in May )as warm ups. I was also hoping I would get transferred over to airbrush but it never happened. Most of them were done using Mark simon ref book. and only took between 8-10 min each with no under sketching(straight marker to paper). I try to focus more on funny or unique expressions instead of exaggeration and I still can't believe the previous post are drawings that ive done more recently. Money speaks . I really need to get moved over to airbrush, DAMMIT.
By the way the economy is really bad..... and usually about this time of year I try to find another job even if its a non art job because of the offseason. But it seems that even reg jobs are hard to get right now. So It looks like I will have to focus more on marketing myself as a caricature artist. Something Ive always feared even though caricatures are fun I would like to find some solid and stable one day (Hopefully maybe in the 3d field LOL but even then that still doesn't seem promising either)So if you know anybody or need to hire a caricature artist for your next awesome event let me know at wizzardblitz@netzero.com


5 comments:

justfrancesca said...

Hey, I like your stuff! These caricatures actually look like cartoons! That what I'm trying to go for. Your doodles are cool, too.

vhpayes@yahoo.com said...

What's up? does Mario throw away your drawings?

David Reyes said...

Thanks Franscesca, I use to work at Seaworld too =). Yeah Im trying to keep cartoony.

Did You work at Universal? VHPLAYES?

*colibri* said...

yer boss can shove it. i love these sketches. you have come such a long way. ((hugs))

David Reyes said...

aww thanks heather=)